Welcome!

You've somehow stumbled upon the page of Dan DeWitt, genre-hopping author of the zombie thriller ORPHEUS, the Norse mythology adventure ODINSONS, and the horror short-story collection UNDERNEATH. There's lots more where those came from, so stick around.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Planned blog series: call for contributors.

I'm planning a series of posts directed mostly at new writers and self-publishers. The topics I want to touch on include (but are no way in Hell limited to): dialogue, action, (un)common mistakes, formatting, writing groups, timelines, and marketing. I guess I already unofficially kicked this series off with "A Four-Letter Word to Describe the Self-Publishing Process", so that's a good indicator of the kind of informal yet informative content I'd like to feature.

Writing and self-pubbing is a pretty broad topic, to say the least, so I would love to see some guest posts from other writers and self-publishers. I don't mind concurrent posts that run on your own blog, so long as you have something to offer other writers: tips, good/bad experiences, reviews of writing software, etc.

I'm also drawing a blank on a catchy title for the series, so suggestions for that are welcome, too.

Dan

3 comments:

  1. I'd be happy to help you in any way I can. I've recently self-pubbed 2 novels and 5 short stories. I've learned SO MUCH in this last year, and I'd love to share what I've learned with others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Dan. I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good to hear, Kimberly. When you're in the mood, just let me know what you're planning on writing about so I don't step on you. I figure I'll launch the week after next, so no rush. No one's under any obligation; I just figured that people deserve a break from hearing me drone on and on.

    ReplyDelete