Welcome!

You've somehow stumbled upon the page of Dan DeWitt, genre-hopping author of the zombie thriller ORPHEUS, the Norse mythology adventure ODINSONS, and the horror short-story collection UNDERNEATH. There's lots more where those came from, so stick around.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My self-publishing journey: the first week.

Here's what's happened since I put Underneath up on Smashwords (everything is on Smashwords only, as I'm still awaiting approval to the premium catalog so I can get on the big distributors):

137 downloads
Some very good unofficial reviews from people I've never met.
0 official Smashwords reviews so far (so get on that!) :-)
Definite increased interest in Orpheus.
Traffic to this blog has moved from 2-3 hits a day to over 50. Regular posting probably has something to do with that, as well.
I'm huge in Germany (not really, but it's my #2 country)
I'm wasting a lot of time looking at my blog stats; it's hypnotic.

More later. Hopefully the second week will see me in the premium catalog. Then, it's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment